Basic Butterfly Swimming Drill
The Basic Butterfly Drill is very easy to do. You perform butterfly stroke cycles in the first parts then switch to a different swim stroke to avoid fatigue. This will allow you to swim extended lengths of butterfly strokes and in the correct form.
- Push off from the wall with your body in a prone streamlined position.
- Perform a normal butterfly stroke but try to hold your breath.
- Switch to a swimming stroke that is less exhausting or a stroke you are more
comfortable with for the rest of the length. You may add breathing to this stroke cycle.
Repeat the step for a few lengths.
- Repeat the drill but this time, do two butterfly strokes before switching to another swimming
- Again, repeat the step for a few lengths.
- Repeat the same procedure but make it three butterfly stroke cycles.
- Make it four butterfly stroke cycles, then five and so on.
Click on the link for next Butterfly Drills – Slide to the Corners.